Saturday, May 9, 2009

MESSAGE TO THE CREW OF THE SWOOSH0018 CHARITY FUN DAY-DECEMBER 2007


MESSAGE TO THE SWOOSH0018 CREW, THE PEOPLE THAT SUPPORT THIS DAY, THE ORGANISATIONS, THE SPONSORS, THE DONORS AND THE FOREIGN GUESTS

I always Love Al Pacinos Speech in "Any Given Sunday"
It epitomises THE SWOOSH0018 CHARITY FUN DAY.So I mixed it a bit to compile a message to my Crew of Volunteers for the day and the People That Support This Event and the list above.

And when you read this ,Think of the difference we can make..............Just Maybe

"I don't know what to say really, a few minutes to the biggest battle of our lives all comes down to today.
Here either we yield as a team or we will crumble as individuals,inch by inch, play by play till we finish.We in hell right now,believe me.
And we can stay here and get the sh#t kicked out of us or we can fight our way back into the light. We can climb out of hell.One Inch at a time
Now I cant do it for you.I'm too old (lol) look around and I see all these young faces and I made a few wrong choices a guy can make. I pissed away all my time in the past believe it or not,I chased off everyone that's ever loved me and lately I look at myself in the mirror and stare. What is it that I have to do to make that difference I always wanted to make

You know when you get old in life.Things get taken from you.I mean that's part of life.But you only learn that when you start losing stuff.You find out Lifes this game of inches,so is giving something back.
Because in either game ,life or giving back, the margin for error is so small.One half of a second too late or too early and you don't quite make it, one half of a second too slow or too fast and you cant quite catch it. The inches we need are every where around us.

They in every break of the game , every minute , every second. On this team We Fight for that inch.On this team We Tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that Inch.We claw with our fingernails for that Inch
BECAUSE WE KNOW, THAT WHEN WE ADD UP ALL THOSE INCHES THAT MAKES THE FLIPPEN DIFFERENCE BETWEEN WINNING AND LOSING ......AND LIVING AND DYING
I tell you that, in any fight its the person that's willing to die who's gonna win that Inch and I know If I'm going to have any life any more I'm willing to fight and die for that Inch Because that's what living is ....The six inches in front of your face

NOW I CANT MAKE YOU DO IT.LOOK AT THE PERSON NEXT TO YOU. LOOK INTO THEIR EYES AND YOU GONNA SEE A PERSON WHO WILL GO THAT INCH WITH YOU. YOU GONNA SEE A PERSON WHO WILL SACRIFICE THEMSELVES FOR THIS TEAM AND THIS DAY BECAUSE YOU GONNA DO THE SAME FOR THEM.

And you will see that the people that we making a difference for Will die for that inch and they will die for you for that Inch.They are blind, they have Cancer, they have disabilities. They cant do what we can do. They want to do what we fail to do.
I honestly don't know how this day is gonna turn out. I mean its the first time I'm or my crew are attempting a feat of this magnitude. We are still small trying everyday
So at the end if there only 20 people and I with my own hand give R x amount of money in someones hand I have achieved that Inch................that We striving For

THATS A TEAM GUYS. SO ON THIS FUN DAY EITHER WE ALL YIELD AS A TEAM OR WE WILL DIE AS INDIVIDUALS.
THATS LIFE GUYS.THATS ALL IT IS....................

All I'm SAYING that on this day If we Just Give an Inch,Or make an Inch of a difference to Someones life then we have succeeded. In all honesty I'm not worried about Who Comes and Who Doesn't or who buys or gives for Charity.Yes I would appreciate every effort.

Sports as I said is the Universal Language,It unites people, It unites Cultures and races. I love this speech from Al Pacino in "Any Given Sunday"Why ?Its because with the Charity Foundation Life is a Game of Inches.And I will die JUST TO GIVE THAT EXTRA INCH.

So no matter what race,culture or religion we come from We will watch the back of the next person as they will watch your's.
And no matter what happens on this day I promise you all That I will be the first man to set foot on this hallowed ground AND I WILL BE THE LAST MAN TO LEAVE AND WE WILL LEAVE NO ONE BEHIND................................................................................................

BUT IF WE MAKE AN INCH OF A DIFFERENCE IN SOMEONES LIFE. WE HAVE SUCCEEDED IN MY BOOK
Thank you for your support & ASSISTANCE on this day

NASEEM "SWOOSH" MAYET
& The crew of Swoosh0018.com

And THANK YOU TO MY SPONSORS and Helpers
DiadoraSa, Vodacom For You Cresta, Hot Shots Urban Soccer, Sparkles Cup cakes, The Face Painters, and there will be more to follow.


No comments:

Post a Comment